Organizations

There are a lot of organizations on different readings. OSFI, CCIR, CIA, IAA, IBC, FSCO. Could you help me with the differences between them?
Not a directly exam-related question, but it might help me understand. Thank you.

Comments

• OSFI - office of the superintendent of financial institutions. Federal financial institution regulator.
    CCIR - Canadian Council of insurance regulator. Facilitate and promote an efficient and effective insurance regulatory system in Canada.
    CIA - Canadian Institute of Actuaries. Regulatory and educational board for Canadian Actuaries.
    IAA - International Association of Actuaries. Worldwide association of professional actuaries.
    FSRA - Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario. Financial services regulator for Ontario

• does the fact that OSFI is for FRFIs mean that provincial insurers don't have to do ORSA and anything else prescribed by OSFI?
    I know they'd still have to do FCT which needs the ICT often set by ORSA, but I'm not sure what the requirements are.

• Yes I would suppose ORSA would not be mandated for provincially regulated insurers but in practice practically every insurer is federally regulated