Section V

Hello,
I'm looking at the Section V of the document and it looks so long and most of it are just tables I don't know what to do with. I know it is in the syllabus, but was there any questions about this in the past exams?

Comments

• Don't really think it is important tbh. I didn't even know this page existed when I took 6C but anything on the syllabus is fair game, although you can probably ignore the tables in Section V. The most they can ask is probably related to the filing requirements for the AAR within each province

• As far as I can tell, there has never been an exam question on anything except the "Detailed Instructions".

• And where can we find those filing requirements? Unless it is in the Section V, I don't think I saw them in the CCIR Instructions. Probably just a reading I haven't read yet

• The filing requirements for each province are in Section V. For example for Ontario it would be on V-26

• Ah I see, so we do need to read Section V! I guess we don't need to know every every dates, but I will give it a read. Thanks!

• Here's my 2 cents and I could be wrong but...

I would be absolutely shocked if there was any kind of exam question from Section V. It's 71 pages and contains no concepts - it's just a long, detailed list of filing requirements.

And you already know some of the filing requirements like the Annual Returns, MCT, AAR, FCT. (And interestingly, this document is actually out of date because they still refer to DCAT rather than FCT. So I wonder if the exam committee has even looked at it lately.) So if you were asked about filing requirements, you could take an educated guess.

Regarding the dates, I can't imagine they would ask that. They vary somewhat by province, with February 28 appearing quite frequently so if they actually asked for a date, you'd be right more often than not simply by saying Feb 28. But again, I would be shocked if they asked a question like that.

That is the type of document you would keep on your desk at work and refer to as needed. If you've studied everything else, then you could glance at it to see if there's anything worth memorizing, but I certainly wouldn't get bogged down in it at this stage. :#

So that's my 2 cents, for what it's worth! :)