Fall 2019 #11

To increase affordability, why does risk based pricing make it more affordable? I would have thought having government subsidize for high risk would make it more affordable

Also, for government investment in infrastructure, it makes sense that it would increase affordability, but I thought that this is more to do with the efficiency of the flood management program not the affordability.

Comments

• You could argue as to whether risk-based pricing is affordable or not, as long as your justification makes sense imo. The reasoning in the examiner's report is something logical and makes sense.

Government investment in infrastructure would reduce the severity of losses, thus improving affordability. For example, having higher resolution flood maps will enable builders to move away from high-risk zones, reducing future severity.

It's all about making sure you can justify an explanation in a logical sense for these types of questions. If you can, then an answer that is not in the text should be accepted

• Hi,

I’m having issue to find which reading part a ii (terrorism) refers to
    Here’s link to a question for convenience:
    https://www.battleactsmain.ca/pdf/Exam_(2019_2-Fall)/(2019_2-Fall)_(11).pdf

• I believe terrorism is no longer on the syllabus