Examiners Report

edited October 2023 in KPMG.RegOv

In the examiners report, they mentioned that "Some candidates had a harder time describing the automobile regulatory system in British Columbia as they may fail to realize the topic is still covered by the KPMG Regulatory Oversight paper."

But this is clearly marked as EXCLUDED on 6C syllabus.
what do we know about BC's auto regulatory system besides it's mandated and run by government (and optional coverage is open competition)?

Thanks!

Comments

• I think what coverages are covered by ICBC and what aren't would also be fair. I would read page 23 of the KPMG paper for mode details on that. Also, as a side note the syllabus just says that simplified guidelines for BC are excluded, not that the BC auto system is excluded

• Since the exam committee seems to think it's an important topic, perhaps the coverages covered by ICBC would be a good addition to the wiki.

• We can probably make a few quick notes for the next sitting @graham

• so what coverages are covered by ICBC and what aren't?

• edited October 2023

Correct me if it's wrong, but I believed coverages provided by ICBC only are TPL, AB, uninsured and underinsured. Other coverages such as comprehensive and excess limit of TPL are also covered by ICBC but as open competition with private insurer.

• That's correct