Exam Fall 2015 - Question 1

edited April 21 in FSCO.664

Hi @graham,

It might be a good idea to put a footnote saying this answer is out of date.

On the source document it says:

The answer is correct since it was for 2015, but if you give the same answer now it will be wrong. The source material didn't change its just the condition changed.

Comments

• Sorry, I'm not sure I follow. The exam question 2015-Fall-Q2 is from McDonald, B.R., Life Insurance Laws of Canada and I don't believe it's outdated:

• edited April 21

Hi @graham,

I meant the answer for this question from examiner report stated:

If you give the same answer of 3% it would be wrong now.

Based on the source reading: https://www.casact.org/sites/default/files/2021-03/6C_Ontario_Reg_664.pdf

The question was asked in 2015, so it would be before June 1, 2016 so we 3% would be within scope. Now its after Jun 1, 2016, so we can't use 3%. At most we can only use 1.3%.

If I gave the answer 3% and 2 months now it would be wrong. I am just suggesting to add a footnote just in case so other people know.

• Sorry for being slow on the uptake but I still don't know which specific exam question you asking about.

• edited April 21

Fall 2015 Question 1, sorry I was unclear the name is in the heading of the title.

part e) the last part only

• Ok, got it. I have linked to this discussion from the FSCO.664 wiki article. Thx.