Spring 2017 17c vs. 2014 Spring 16 b

Hi,

I'm looking at these two same questions and according to the examiner's report, it seems to give answers from across all the key principles. Investing in tech from Data integrity, Auditing from Data limitation, Multiple models from Model versions, Non-modelled exposure inclusion from PML Estimates, and so on.

However, in the battlecards, the first question has the 9 items from the Sound Earthquake Model Practices section and the latter similar to examiner's report.

But I did notice that the examiner's report lists DAQKDUP as possible answers for question 17b from 2016 Fall which is worded a bit differently.

2017S 17c & 2014S 16b ask for practices to be used to IMPROVE the EQ risk estimation process whereas 2016F 17b asks for sound EQ modelling practices. I may be wrong but I think the two questions are slightly different so maybe battle card answer should be changed for 2017 S 17c ?

Also a minor detail, but 2016 S 27 b answer in the battle cards say BoD/Sr. Management would report as follows but in the paper it says the PMLs get reported TO them.

Regards,

Comments

• I agree with your comments about the questions relating to DAQKDUP versus improving risk estimation. I've changed the BattleCard answer for 2017.Spring # 17c accordingly. Thanks for pointing that out.

About your other question about 2016.Spring # 27b. I don't quite understand what you're saying. It's true that PMLs initially get reported to the BoD & Snr management by whomever calculates them, but then the BoD & Snr management also report those PMLs to OSFI.