Spring 2017 #14

This should not be marked as outdated since it is an integral part of the text : Research Paper: Disclosure Requirements IFRS 4–Insurance Contracts for P&C Insurers.

Comments

• I believe you are right. I will tag @graham in this post to make him aware of this.

• @Francois, @javid
    This is a bit of a grey area since IFRS 4 was issued in 2004 as an interim standard to be used before the issuance of IFRS 17 (which was in May 2017.) IFRS 17 is going be effective Jan 1, 2021 and will completely replace IFRS 4.

Now it's true that the CAS syllabus still contains the CIA Disclosure reading that discusses IFRS 4, but that reading is being deleted for the Fall 2019 sitting and a completely new reading on IFRS 17 is being added.

I would be very surprised if there was a detailed question on the Spring 2019 exam from the CIA Disclosure reading. If you've studied it then you're covered, but at this late stage I'm reluctant to change anything in the BattleCards so that I don't panic people with a last-minute change. It's actually the kind of question where you could take an educated guess and probably still score decent partial credit.

It's a low-ranked reading and the other old exam questions from that reading are all similar in that they ask you to comment on concentration risk. If I were studying for the exam, I would play the odds and focus on those other commonly asked questions.

Anyway, I realize that's not a perfect answer to your question, but I hope it helps.

• Sounds good, realised that it was going out so less probability of being asked i guess... might be wrong