Syllabus Update

Hi,

I think the battle Quizzes are not updated with the syllabus for Fall 2020, which includes only Section V and Annex B.

Thank you!

Comments

• Thanks, that slipped past me. I edited the BattleCards to eliminate most of the questions from the sections that aren't on the syllabus anymore. I didn't eliminate all of them however because the sections that are on the syllabus make reference to the earlier sections. I don't really see how just the last couple of sections can be tested because they build on information from earlier sections.

As a side note, I'm not sure I always trust exclusions in the syllabus. The CAS has said (I think unfairly) that you need to be familiar with relevant background material even if it isn't specifically on the syllabus. This comes up in the KPMG Regulatory Oversight reading where you have to know the content of several pages that are not on the syllabus but are included in the study kit and which are necessary to understand the material that is on the syllabus.

There is also the issue with DCAT and financial condition testing for the 2020.Fall exam where it's somewhat unclear what you have to know despite the official syllabus having been changed ("clarified"?) several times.

Anyway, the OSFI.CorpGov reading isn't tested very often. Still, it's good to have some basic knowledge of the topic.