Battle card - (2019.Spring 2 d.)

Hi Graham,

Was wondering if there was anything specific about Transportation Network Companies that I am missing? I went through the "KPMG" reading and could not find anything about it.

My general understanding about Alberta is that the government has a grid and all private insurers have to follow this grid. (meaning that the government really does not provide any insurance, but just a grid for insurers to follow). Whereas the question makes it look as if some insurance is provided by government and other insurance products (like TNC) are offered by private companies only.

Can you please confirm? Thank you!

Comments

• I think it was intended as a trick question. I suspect some candidates may have thought the GRID program was the same thing as public auto insurance, not realizing the difference between being a regulator and a provider.

If the question had been about Ontario, most people would have known the province is a not a monopoly provider because even though auto insurance is regulated in Ontario, the regulatory body doesn't have a special well-known name like Alberta's GRID.