2015 Spring #22

Hi Graham,

Is the Maximum capping being done on the Net Investment Income (NII) from a different paper? Don't think I saw anything on that in the CCIR.ARinstr paper.

Comments

• edited March 2021

Update:

• As noted by the poster below, my original answer referred to Fall exam rather than the Spring exam. The calculation in the 2015.Spring Q22 is no longer relevant as the calculation of Investment Income from Insurance Operations (page 10.60) has been removed from the CCIR Annual Statement Instructions.
    • These problems have now been marked outdated in the wiki and in the BattleCards.

So please ignore my first answer which was:

• Yes, the max value for U/W leverage f 300% is from MSA.Ratios which is the next wiki article after CCIR.ARinstr if you're doing them in order. There is a link to MSA.Ratios for this problem in the CCIR.ARinstr BattleTable. Sometimes an exam question covers more than 1 reading, which is what happened here.
  • Hi graham, I believe you're referring to the Fall exam while slockson was posting about spring. I was also wondering the same thing. It doesn't seem to be on the syllabus anymore.

• edited March 2021

Yes, thanks. It has been crossed out on the most recent version of the Annual Return Supplement on page 10.60. I've updated the wiki to mark that and a couple of other relevant related problems as outdated.