MSA Material & Overall Diversification

Hi,

I am sorry but I cannot find these MSA Ratio in neither the CAS Complete Reference Text nor from the Individual one. Can anyone please share with me where I can find them? I can just find the Financial Lens via Report something..., but then no formula is mentioned.

Another question on Overall Diversification, may I know what meaning this ratio is? The Ranking Table says that it shows how InsR (insurer?) can market performance? What does that mean? Being able be used to compare to other firms?

Many Thanks,
Wilson

Comments

• Hi Wilson,

Unfortunately, the source text for MSA Ratios is not available online. You have to order the study kit for Exam 6-Canada from the CAS website. The study kit has print versions of readings that are not available online. They will mail these materials to you through the regular mail. Note that if you are in Canada, it may take several weeks for this to arrive from the U.S., but everything you need to know should be in the wiki article so it isn't absolutely necessary that you have it.

Apologies for the abbreviation "InsR". It does indeed stand for "Insurer". In the original version of the wiki and BattleCards, I had used abbreviations but I have eliminated most of them. I must have missed that one.

Overall Diversification: The diversification score is on a scale from 1-10. A higher score is better because it indicates greater diversity which is a hedge against risk. The acceptable range is "greater than 65". (I edited the explanation in the wiki to make that more clear.)

• Hi Graham. No worries :)
    I am just trying my best to slay the best!
    Thanks for revising ;)