UK Flood Program

I may have missed this in the reading, but can you let me know where you see this as being offered as the best model for Canada?

It seems the Flood Re model does make the system more sustainable, but the current model (at the time of publication) seemed to be unsustainable.

Comments

• Despite the recent amendments, it had been known for some time that the arrangement was unsustainable and would not be renewed.

Does anyone have the pre-2015 reading anywhere I'd love to compare what IBC said then vs. now (for entertainment sake).

• To answer mdattilo's question, the part about the U.K. model was mentioned in the old reading on flood insurance that predated the IBC reading, and exams based on that reading sometimes had question on the U.K. system. When I created the BattleActs content for the new IBC reading, I had to guess as to what might be asked, and I used old exam questions as a guide. So far, they haven't asked anything about the U.K. model. Maybe they won't. There haven't yet been enough exam cycles on the new IBC reading to be sure they won't return to asking specific questions about the U.K. model.

Also, the old reading was not from IBC. It was a study kit reading:

• Swiss Re: "Making Flood Insurable for Canadian Homeonwers."

Since it came as a paper copy in the study kit, I don't think it's permitted to scan it and distribute it.