Question about Battlecard 19, Spring 2019 Q2a

Hi,

The answer for this battlecard is
"No - Coll & Comp are optional coverages and optional coverages are governed by OPEN COMPETITION"

I want to confirm that whether the statement is valid for BC only or for all provinces.

Thanks!

Comments

• That's just for BC and I thought that was kind of an unfair exam question. The optional coverages for BC are:

• extended 3rd party liability limits
    • excess underinsured motorist protection
    • collision
    • comprehensive
    • specified perils

They wanted you to memorize this list from the source text. (And this source text is available only in printed form through the study kit which you have to order from the CAS and pay for.) Luckily it was only worth 0.25 pts.

• edited October 2021

Thank you for your response!

Also Can I know is there any special treatment for optional coverages (like BC optional coverages) for other provinces? Because I was assuming optional coverages will still follow the regulation as mandatory coverages.

Thanks

• Saskatchewan has optional coverages governed by open competition (like fire and theft) but unlike for BC, a full list of these coverages is not given.

Manitoba also has additional coverages governed by open competition but these additional coverages are not listed in the source text.