JVCC Promoting Settlement w/o Trial

edited April 2022 in Harris.Tort

Hi, just to confirm is it all the existing "JCCV" are promoting settlement without trial? since I read this from past exam on J&S (i.e. 2015 Spring Q10), and not sure whether it also applies to the other ones.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Wilson

Comments

• I'm not sure what you mean by "JCCV" are promoting settlement without trial? JCCV is not an entity but just an acronym for tort reform?

• Oh, let me rephrase the question:

For the existing doctrine of Collateral Source Rule, Compensation Basis and Vicarious Liab., understanding they all are Plaintiff-Friendly, are they all promoting settlement without going into Trial?

cause I learnt that for existing Joint and Several Liab doctrine, it is the case thay it is promoting settlement without trial meaning the current doctrine is promoting more efficiency by that the damage don't have to be apportioned. And Lawyer don't like this since fewer cases go to court.

• Oh okay - I wouldn't say they are all promoting settlement without trial. For example, I am not sure how changing the compensation to a gross basis would promote settlement without a trial

• Got you, Thanks T1 :)