Excel Exihibit

Can I have the link for the excel example in the study notes? In wiki its mentioned that i can download the example from CAS website, but i am unable to find.

Comments

• If you got to the learning objectives here: https://www.casact.org/sites/default/files/2021-03/6C_individual_textref.pdf

Search for "CIA Discount Rates" and you will be able to find the Excel file

• Hello, I went to the Fall2023 syllabus and could not find a link for the excel files. Could you please indicate where to get it?

• Page 41 and 42 of the source

• Hi, I think I found the excel sheets but 2 things:
    1. The number of appendices described in the source (up to 9) doesn't match the actual number of appendices in the excel file. I think it has likely just been arranged from what I see and the notes in the source haven't been updated?
    2. For the insurance finance expense, part of the calculation is the effect of financial risk and changes in financial risk, does the excel sheet provided just treat this as 0?

Also just fyi if the one I found on the CIA page is the most up to date one, the screenshot you included with reclassification of OCI no longer has a line in the new appendix. Its possible I am just looking at an older version though

1. Not sure what you mean. There are 9 appendices in the Excel and the source talks about 9 appendices

2. Change in financial risk is reflected in column (23) of appendix 6 under change in discounting assumptions. In page 28 of the source it talks about this:

The “effect of changes in the time value of money” is referred to as the effect of changes in discounting assumptions and represents the variation in the insurance contract liabilities due to changes in the yield curve relative to prior expectations.

What screenshot are you referring to? But in general questions I have answered in 2022 or 2023 may no longer be the most up to date info